Specializing In Quality Miniature And Standard Dachshunds In A Variety Of Coats And Colors
Making of a Champion at Birch Hill Doxies
Here at Birch Hill Doxies we start looking at the conformtion of our puppies at just a few weeks old. They change a lot so we try not to make fast decisions. If we suspect we have a potential show dog, we start grooming them for the show ring as young six weeks by simply "stacking" them on a table so they get used to it. But it's not only conformation, we also look at their temperament. Dachshunds as show dogs should have the heart of a competitor, small but mighty, full of themselves, exuding confidence and moxie.
About the Breeder
Birch Hill Doxies Commitment
Lifetime Rehoming Policy
Life Long Support
Birchie Express Transport Service
Once you have won the heart of a dachshund no other breed compares
See What Our Families are Saying About Their Birchies...
Happy Birchie Family Testimonials
- It’s hard to put into words how special our little Bogey is to us! He is the PERFECT companion for my husband and me. Bogey goes to work with my husband almost every day and when he’s not at “work” he enjoys play filled days at daycare. He is a phenomenal travel companion and to date has visited nine states and traveled via car, airplane, and boat. Bogey is so well behaved, gets along nicely with other dogs and people and boy oh boy is he the best cuddle bug ever.In addition to producing beautiful, well socialized puppies/dogs, Kim provides a wealth of support and knowledge to all of her puppy parents.
Heather K.We are so blessed to have found Birch Hill Doxies and Kim. We brought our first Birchie home in 2012 and 5 years later we got our second Birchie following the loss of one of our other dachshunds. Kim has this incredible 6th scent when it comes to matching the perfect pup with its forever family and our two Birchies are no exception.They both have wonderful temperments with distinct personalities. Incredibly loving and sweet, Sophie is our hunter, fierce and courageous. Duke is our loyal protector, always at my side or on my lap. He is a great watch dog letting us know if something is happening outside.Kim's promise of lifetime support is just that - fo a lifetime! She is always available whenever we need pup advice, not only for our Birchies, but for our other dogs too! I can't image life with out a Birchie at our side.
Mary and Jeff Z.
- These two pups are the sweetest ever! We never ever considered getting two dogs, but when 5 month old brothers needed a home, God touched our hearts and here we are! Bradley and Knox are loving and playful and having them together has made them so easy!Our Vet says that are just not normal because they are so gentle and love everyone. Thanks Kim!
Mary Jo C.We are the proud parents of our beautiful Zoey. We have had her since she was nine weeks old and can't imagine our lives without her. She has the sweetest personality and is happiest when she is on someone's lap. We love our Birchie and are so glad we found Birch Hill Doxies. Kim couldn't have been more helpful and we love being part of the Birch Hill Facebook community.Anyone who wants a loving companion dog would be well advised to check out Birch Hill Doxies.
- We are so fortunate to have found Birch Hill Doxies and Kim. Kim has always been a pleasure to work with. I have probably asked her at least a thousand questions over the ten years we’ve known her and she has always been patient, knowledgeable and kind. You can tell how much hard work and love she puts into these babies from the moment you meet her or your pup.Our first “BHD”, Lucy, was a complete & total love bug. We miss her every single day. Ruby & Moira both have the absolute sweetest personalities we've ever known! I can’t imagine ever not having a Birch Hill Doxie in my life.
Beth and Casey S.Roxie and Sonny are the most loving, loyal, and spoiled doxies around! When we got Sonny about a year after we adopted Roxie, we never realized the positive impact that he would make. Roxie is so much more energetic, excited, and playful! They both adore each other and are always looking out for us and each other. We never knew the amount of love and adoration that would come with adopting these two Birchies.Everyone stops us on the street to ask about them and tell us how adorable they are! We are forever grateful to Kim for showing us the definition of happiness!
Stacey and Nick H.
- Our little Luna joined us in April 2021 and is the happy puppy with the sweetest personality and incredible emotional intelligence. I have never seen a dog with such love in her eyes or a dog show such concern about her humans than our Luna.Our vet is also in awe of Luna and says she is a textbook perfect dachshund with a velvet smooth coat and the best temperament. We feel so lucky to have a Birchie - where the combination of true love and amazing breeding delivers such tiny bundles of perfection!
Carrie M.Deebo joined our family in March 2020 and he has been the perfect addition! He is so sweet natured and loving- my whole family argues about who is his favorite.I have stayed in touch with Kim and she is always so kind to me, answering all my questions and helping me when I have questions about the best way to keep Deebo healthy. I have actually recommended 5 other families to her, and they have all gotten birchies from her as well!
- Our experience with Birch Hill Doxies has been outstanding in every possible way. From the very first interactions with Kim, we have been treated like family and have been welcomed into a whole community of doxie lovers. We’ve known Kim for nearly three years now and she has been as responsive to every message as if it were the first. She is extremely knowledgeable of the breed and is always open with advice and recommendations for any question we’ve had. It’s obvious that she loves each and every pup like they’re her own children.Having come from a family of doxie owners, and having had several in the past, we know the breed and are familiar with their temperaments and quirks.Kim’s dogs are by far the most friendly and loving personalities from any breeder we’ve dealt with. There are many Birchies in our neighborhood and area and they are all wonderful dogs. We’re spoiled now. Any future doxie we’ll get will be from Birch Hill. I would 110 percent recommend both Kim and her dogs to anyone who is looking for a lovable doxie addition to their family. Thanks, Kim, for all the love!
Rodney F.Birch Hill Doxies is the absolute best!! Kim goes above and beyond to bring the most lovable well bred dachshunds to all of us Doxie lovers. She remains a part of your babies lives and a go to for any questions you may have ❤️ We have been blessed to have three Birchie babies. ❤️
- Birch Hill Doxies are one-of-a-kind, how else can I say it? The joy, the love, and the companionship you feel when you are with them is incomparable. They are an extension of who Kim is as well as what she embodies. The nature and care that Kim has to dedicatedly put into raising these dogs shines through their personalities. Owning Birchies has been one of the greatest pleasures of my life.The bond I feel with them is unlike any other. They make me laugh until I cry, they are empathetic, loyal, and the adoration in their eyes is everlasting, which is beyond mutual. My heart has grown bigger, and my life fuller, because of them.I’m a paragraph. Drag me to add paragraph to your block, write your own text and edit me.
Katherine L.Jessica and I have rescued 13 senior and neglected pups over the past 10+ years. We’ve taken in all breeds and sizes. Their back story didn’t matter. If they needed help, we were there. On that journey we’ve had the pleasure of rescuing 4 dachshunds (Schnapps, Siggy, Maximus and Foxy). They all found a special place in our hearts. While on one of our regular online searches for pups that needed help, we found Journey’s End at Birch Hill Farm. Kim’s animal sanctuary that focuses in part, on dachshunds was right up our alley, but as we read more and learned more, we thought this might be the perfect opportunity for us to bring our first ever puppy into our home.Once we had the opportunity to speak with Kim and learn about her pups and her process, we knew we had found the right situation. We couldn’t have been more right. Kim has been so supportive and patient with us.We never had a puppy before, so we had a lot of questions. We talked on the phone, we texted, we emailed, we even went to see her and some of her dachshunds at local shows. We talked on the phone, we texted, we emailed, we even went to see her and some of her dachshunds at local shows. Then finally came Percy (Parzival Augustus XIV). He’s a sweet and loving little boy, but we were nervous first-time puppy parents, so we continued to ask a lot of questions. Kim was always there to help. Unfortunately, our two other pups, both 12+, were not overly enamored with Percy and his loving and exuberant personality. He needed someone to play with, and so we went back to Kim and got Oliver (Oliver Louis XV). Now we have two little happy guys that do everything together. They are both very smart and passed their CGC by the time they were 6 months old. We hope they will have futures as Therapy Dogs and will be able to brings smiles and laughter to patients and staff at local hospitals the way their big brother Finn does today. Kim – Thanks for everything that you’ve done to make this an amazing experience for every member of our family!
Karl & Jessica S.